Saturday 23 June 2012

Remember my journey through the world of scriptwriting...?


Dear Mum (and other family and friends),

You might remember a month ago I submitted a script to the BBC Writersroom – I kept a diary of my progress (from ‘One Day’ in April through to ‘Walking into the sunset’ in May).  

Well, I have some rather encouraging news...

Before you jump up and down, clapping your hands, and scream “Your script is going to be made into a radio drama! YOUR SCRIPT IS GOING TO BE MADE INTO A RADIO DRAMA!” --- It isn’t.

 I received an email t’other day from the Writersroom informing me they won’t be taking my script any further.

However...

The email informed me that they received a whopping 1900 scripts. They read the first 10 pages of each script and, from these 10 pages, decided which scripts would continue to the next stage.

Only 20% of received scripts were put forward to stage 2. And mine was one of them!

Which means just 380 scripts were put forward, and mine was one of them. Which means 1 in 5 scripts were put forward, and mine was one of them. Which means I’m not a total lost cause when it comes to writing a half decent script.

You might’ve guessed, I’m very excited!

Yes, that is the end of that venture. You won’t be hearing my name on Radio 4 any day soon.

But I’m one step closer to making a good stab at it...

2 comments:

  1. This is A-mazing! CONGRATULATIONS! Do not stop writing, you are proven to be very very good at it. And can only get better!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't deny I'm very chuffed with myself!

      Delete